Opportunity for a professional with at least 4 years of experience in managing NBS carbon certifications in Asia, to join an international organization focused on agroforestry projects
- Responsible for preparing, implementing, following-up and monitoring carbon certification processes for a selection of agroforestry and other nature-based solution projects in the region (Indonesia, Thailand, China, and potentially other countries).
- Build capacity for the projects team in charge of project implementation to ensure that field activities align with carbon requirements; Control the quality of the implementation and improve proceedings when relevant
- Develop and manage certification-related budgets.
- Train local teams and stakeholders to carbon tools and proceedings and contribute to the improvement of the organisation’s educational material for carbon topics.
- Support and collaborate with projects and data teams to successfully collect all field data necessary for certification purposes, and regularly control the quality and consistency of the data received.
- Monitor KPI and prepare annual carbon performance report on key projects, and identify an action plan to optimize performance.
- Prepare Project Design Document (PDD) and/or Monitoring Report (MR) to support the validation and verifications by external auditors under relevant carbon standards (VCS and Gold Standard).
- Be the focal point for carbon certification standards and auditors as well as legal advisors and government representatives throughout the certification process.
- Keep updated with international carbon frameworks as well as the legal frameworks of the countries where certification is planned to adapt processes and strategy as needed. Consult with government representatives when required
- Degree in relevant field with at least 4 years of professional experience in managing nbs carbon certifications in Asia
- Successful work experience related to carbon quantification and carbon modelling in Asia region
- Knowledge of end to end carbon certification process and voluntary carbon markets (VCS or Gold standard)
- Experienced in using Excel or other worksheets.
- Possess good organizational skills, rigorous and details oriented.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume to SubmitCV@talentreq.com (EA Licence: 17S8795 | EAP: R1108333) for further evaluation.