Responsible for the overall operations excellence in an assigned manufacturing organization. A people manager who establishes functional business plans and technical project objectives to meet the short- and long- term goals of the organization.
- Responsible for supervising, coordinating, training and scheduling the Tool Room repair personnel during the maintenance and repair of tools and dies. Oversee the daily activities of the repair department in order to minimize down time and support production.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- strategize and drive business site-wide tool building process, quality expectations for tool (internal or external buy-off), production quality expectations and tool maintenance expectations
- plan, action, expected outcome and timeline to bring business tools in-line with strategy expectations
- strategize for buy versus build capacity and guidelines
- strategize a tool design team that will
- interact with Sales Operations, Manufacturing Operations and customer for global
- interact with outsource tool builders
- Tooling buy-off and qualifying process
- Oversee daily tooling support for production; plans die repairs/preventive maintenance.
- Lead team actives in meeting production objectives.
- Manages the tooling budget to purchase expenditures.
- Supervise, train and instruct Tool & Die Repairs in safety, maintenance, and quality methods & procedures and capabilities of machines and equipment.
- Review, release, track, coordinate and close work orders.
- Attend die design reviews related to engineering program changes.
- Implement engineering changes.
- Support Quality with improving and maintaining tools and dies.
- Ensure tooling specifications after each pm, die repair, engineering change.
- Teach/Mentor tooling team on die functions and troubleshooting techniques.
- Track downtime to identify projects.
- Consult with the General Manager relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production & quality of products.
- Participate in the selection, development, training and discipline of Tool & Die Repairs.
- Perform performance appraisals with the assistance of the General Manager and Human Resources, making recommendations on promotions or other changes in status of employees you are directly responsible for.
- Responsible to maintain compliance with organizational policies, and safety standards.
- Maintain tool room equipment, and keep the tool room clean, safe, and in order.
- Maintain safety standards of workplace.
- Wear all personal protective equipment as required.
- Develops strategies, drive LEAN Culture, and specific programs in order to achieve business objectives.
- Support and/or production departments in various manufacturing or product development support departments.
- Support and provide ideas/proposal of best practices to a dedicated team of key manufacturing personnel.
- Cultivates a culture of continuous improvement through analyzing production/ manufacturing methods and processes.
- Improves product/ process quality, performance, production and profitability.
- To drive OEE, Kaizen and topics related to FPS initiatives (according but not limited to FPS GB training materials provided)
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE
- Support and monitoring of all day to day operations with strong focus on quality and cost.
- Supervise, guide, coach and develop a management/FPS team mainly including Manufacturing, Quality Control & Engineering.
- Promote concept, train and improve initiatives to other related department such as Human Resources, Production Control, IT, Finance, Purchasing & etc.
- Supporting GM or management team to Measure and drive continuous improvement.
- Constantly find ways to increase productivity by better work methods and process automation. Product and process quality.
- Weekly report on the facility’s improvement initiatives and results.
- Overseeing the activities of the entity and alignment with The Client’s corporate culture, processes and adherence to The Client’s standards of business conduct.
Education and Experience:
- Over 14 years tooling experience with over 5 year’s supervisory experience in tooling in an injection molding facility or equivalent automotive manufacturing background.
- Certification in any Tool Making education background or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience in TS requirements.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of injection molding. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications is a plus. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Good computer skills to work with CAD/CAM technology, CNC machine tools, and computerized measuring machines.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Able to travel maximum up to 80% and to China.
- Work location in Kuala Lumpur or Penang.