- Lead the R&D function, create a vision for its innovative SynBio pipeline, design and execute our overall science strategy.
- Develop and utilize professional network to expand knowledge in the area of SynBio, advancing the Company’s research & corporate development.
- Be open to innovation and cultivate a strong understanding of the dynamic changes in the field of industrial biotechnology.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of highly capable researchers. Foster scientific excellence in experimental design, execution and analysis.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other internal R&D team members involved in chemistry, chemical engineering, and material science to foster scientific rigor, a culture of trust, accountability and openness.
- Contribute to corporate strategy development and decision-making process.
- Contribute in the leadership team’s and the company board’s understanding of technical challenges to ensure the correct go/no go decisions and prioritization of resources.
- Work closely with internal and external counsels to develop and protect intellectual properties.
Present when required, and work closely with the board members, investors, industry and academic partners and the public as appropriate.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related field with a minimum of 10 years of combined relevant academic and industrial experience, and an excellent track record of delivering SynBio R&D innovations.
- Must have working experience, expertise and proven track record of success in the field of strain development and enzyme improvement.
- Prior experience in working at an interdisciplinary R&D environment is highly desirable.
- Must have a strong leadership R&D experience, a quantitative framework for designing, executing and managing research.
- Ability to collaborate and manage external resources is necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to critically evaluate experimental data, and effectively communicate results with clarity and prevision, both verbally and in writing to scientific and general public.
Interested applicants, please submit your profile highlighting relevant synbio related R&D innovation for evaluation, at submitCV@talentreq.com