Exciting opportunity for a Scientific professional with at least 10 years of food/beverage and nutritional related R&D projects of which 5 years in project management, to lead the R&D Singapore Science & Technology team to drive cross-category agility & locally relevant innovation. To be successful in the role, you should have prior technical experience related to biotransformation, food enzymes, food structure, fermentation and similar, together with track record in people management
- Drive innovation within the ASEAN businesses
- Develop business specific science & technology roadmaps for key categories
- Leverage knowledge from R&D expert networks, task forces and other businesses, to drive translation of scientific discoveries into business relevant science & technology building blocks
- Liaise with external partners from industry and academia to enhance internal scientific competence, identify, and jointly develop and insource technologies, ensuring adequate protection of generated knowledge
- Develop business specific scientific competencies enabling innovation/renovation and manufacturing excellence
- Organize science & technology days and ensure content and agenda drive relevant output
- Lead science resources to sustainably build and maintain R&D expertise on key business specific areas
- Concentrate scientific expertise on categories; resources are exceptionally shared between categories where such concentration is not possible.
- Provide scientific support to business specific product and application on Groups
- PhD in chemistry, microbiology, food science and technology or related disciplines with at least 10 years work experience in R&D or related environment
- Possess minimum 5 years’ experience in managing projects and at least a year in operations and/or technical/commercial function
- Experienced in leading larger group of people and has developed people potential
- Managed a matrix like structure in a functionally structured environment.
- Demonstrated the courage and ability to take decisions and solve problems.
- Proven communication skills with presentation experience at strategic conferences and ability to present confidently and convincingly to steering committees
Interested applicants, please submit your resume to SubmitCV@talentreq.com (EA Licence: 17S8795 | EAP: R1108333) for further evaluation