Exciting opportunity for a scientific professional with at least 2 to 4 years of experience in cell culture work, preferably in CHO cell culture, to join a manufacturer of high-quality, customized cell-culture media products for the biopharmaceutical industry. As a researcher in their cell-culture media development and support team, you will help support their growing client base of biopharma companies by using DoE methods to enhance cell-culture media products, provide customer-focused product troubleshooting, and perform basic research into cell-culture media formulation and optimization, as well as protein analysis.
- Perform general cell-culture lab duties such as media buffer preparation, mammalian cell cultures maintenance (CHO cells), spent media analysis, etc.
- Design and execute small scale experiments for testing and optimizing cell-culture media, including analysis of cell viability, antibody production, metabolites and protein quality analysis.
- Independently operate small-scale bioprocess equipment including AMBR15 micro-bioreactors, shake flasks, incubators and bench-top bioreactors (training will be provided).
- Operate UPLC/HPLC chromatography systems and protein purification system (AKTA avant) for protein analysis and purification.
- Solve experimental problems using analytical thinking.
- Communicate results (presentation, technical documents, etc.) to customers and team members.
- Function effectively as a core team member.
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. / PhD in bio-related scientific or engineering field with at least 2 to 4 years of experience working in a cell culture lab or bioprocess facility.
- Experienced in mammalian cell-culture maintenance and aseptic lab procedures.
- Ability to work independently without supervision in an organized fashion, and to carefully document and communicate results.
- Knowledge of DoE and/or statistical software (JMP, Minitab or other) is an advantage.
- Familiarity with bioreactor systems, such as AMBR15 and/or 2-3 litre bench-top bioreactors, is an advantage but not required.
- Ability to face customers and present experimental results (in Korean) in a professional manner is essential.
- Basic conversational skills in English.