Reporting into VP, HR, this is an interesting opportunity for an experienced HRBP to be part of the corporate Group Human Resource division of a global integrated technology solutions company. You will be actively integrating the business strategy with people management practices, and will be the link between HR and the business, advising and supporting managers on strategic issues and helping them implement high-performing, integrated HR practices. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent for the Group as well as manage HR activities in 3 sites in Singapore, Malaysia, and China.
- Alignment of the Division’s global initiatives. This involves close coordination with the HRPB’s counterpart in Europe.
- Formulation, communication and implementation of Group HR programs and initiatives that impact the Division.
- Strong focus on Talent Management involving attracting and retaining high-quality employees, developing their skills, and continuously motivating them to improve their performance. Help create a motivated workforce that will be retained in the long run.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance where appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in alignment with the Group HR to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, disciplinary issues, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development).
- Proactively work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manage and provides guidance to Division’s site HR leads for contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, career development, high potential programs, and succession planning.
- Assist to identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs, where required.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline but one with HR Management is preferred, with minimum of 8 years of experience in HR is required for this position.
- Regional or global experience in a HR role, with experience within the high-tech, precision manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Requires strong management and leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Has knowledge of diversity, inclusion and has cultural awareness.
- Good communications skill, including listening and consultative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and build effective working relationships is a must.
- Experienced in resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Excellent proactive problem solving, and analytical skills are necessary.
- Being IT savvy with experience with a Human Resource Information System is also preferred.
- Good working knowledge of English, Mandarin written and spoken