Exciting opportunity for an experienced designer of electronic products to join a US based MNC in scientific instruments/equipment company, to design, development, and support of electronics assemblies in new products. You will report to a local R&D Team Lead, and have a strong dotted line to the UK-based electronics engineering group.
- Assist in the capture of design requirements; write functional specifications; design, develop and verify RTL design (VHDL) for FPGAs; evaluate prototypes; perform analysis and simulation; conduct and assist design reviews.
- Conduct investigations into product quality or manufacturability problems when required, and implement any necessary changes, in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong communication and execute project tasks in coordination with UK-based electronics engineering group.
- Learn and develop relevant expertise and skills in instrumentation electronics.
- Communicate and coordinate with other organizations affected by design development and changes, such as Singapore operations, logistics, quality, contract manufacturers and suppliers, etc.
- Comply with all workplace safety regulations, company policies and procedures. Ensure work meets company quality standards.
- May be asked to perform secondary functions such as operations support, addressing quality and manufacturability issues to aid APAC-based electronics manufacturing activities.
- Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent with 4 to 7 years of relevant designing experience
- Demonstrable experience in the design of electronic products.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent initiative, communication, analysis and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently, interact and contribute in a team environment that spans multiple geographical and time zones.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Occasional regional and global travel (about 10%)