Opportunity for a professional with proven experience as a Legal Counsel with established law firms or in a MNC manufacturing environment to join an established Singapore listed company with regional HQ in Penang as a General Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of the group’s business and to safeguard its reputation by assuring that the company follows law guidelines and to give legal advice to management on a comprehensive range of legal, strategic guidance, consultation, and support to enhance the business. Our client is one of global high-tech solutions provider focusing on integrated design, prototyping, new product introduction, manufacturing and supply chain solutions for Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Semiconductor segments.
- Cover and research on a variety of legal subject matters (Corporate matters, Sales & Purchase contracts, Customer contracts, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), SGX listing compliance requirements)
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business and operation decisions
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on business (example: fluctuation in forex, raw materials, logistics, Force Majeure clauses, customer commitments and exposures) and legal risk advices
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authorities etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Support for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities
- Advice on compliance of SGX listing compliance requirements and liaising with SGX or relevant authorities where it requires
- Deal on complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Internally with Finance, Sales, HR and operations
- Externally with customers, government and regulatory agencies and legal firms
- Provide clarifications on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Develop a group-wide standardised or localised checklist of generally acceptable contracts for discussion and adoption (eg. commercial terms), which covers designing of legal framework to manage the risk in a structured way
- Liaise and obtain legal opinions from outside counsel as required
- Degree or Masters in Law or related qualifications.
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel with established law firm or in a MNC manufacturing environment
- Experience in corporate, commercial, IP, data protection laws would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Singapore Exchange is an added advantage.
- Responsive with the ability to communicate effectively across the group’s diverse geographical, cultural and organizations.
- Ability to learn and manage varied complex issues with different business and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop, communicate, negotiate, execute legal strategies and defence.
- Self-motivated with sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Works well under deadlines with attention to details and quality of deliverables
- The ability to speak, negotiate, write, and draft contracts in Mandarin