Exciting role for a technical professional with at least 6 years of experience in FMCG End of Line Packaging to be part of a team in leading global transversal packaging technology within the business to meet the needs of business through innovation and technology.
- Lead Tertiary Packaging technology
- Main global technical lead for End of Line Tertiary packaging focusing on Pallet Stabilization technologies. (Pallet Stretch Wrapping Equipment, etc.)
- Establish governance and strategy for the above technologies.
- Identify and develop innovative tertiary packaging solutions that support our sustainability and performance goals.
- Support reduction of total delivered cost through optimization of packaging throughout the value chain.
- Define parameters and requirements for pallet load integrity that ensure our products are delivered in good condition.
- Enhance the capabilities of manufacturing by developing a flexible and agile machine portfolio that matches the needs of various channels.
- Develop related standards based on the needs of the business.
- Review and Validate feedback to design and best practices across group.
- Provide competence development through workshops, e-learnings, webinars, technical assistance to markets / factories.
- Be an active communicator on related technology development with the group’s packaging community.
- Establish minimum criteria for factory to specify during CAPEX request.
- Review CAPEX submissions by the factories to advice feasibility.
- Build strong relationships with key business and platform partners in order to support priority initiatives.
- Manage and interact with key suppliers from a technical standpoint.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new and emerging trends in secondary / tertiary packaging technology. Identify areas of opportunity to implement these new technologies into packaging automation solutions.
- Bachelors or Masters preferably in Mechanical or Packaging with minimum 6 years of experience in FMCG End of Line Packaging
- Excels in a collaborative environment.
- Understands the packaging performance requirements of supply chain logistics and associated testing methodologies.
- Broad understanding of pallet stabilizing packaging materials (e.g. Stretch Film, Pallet Banding, etc) and the interaction with machine automation.
- Ability to develop research ideas, create original, differentiating technology and apply technical knowledge to meet business needs.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to lead/manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Must be independent and resourceful.
- Able to manage multiple assignments/tasks concurrently
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of organization.
- Strong technical competence in mechanical design preferred.
- Experience in managing eCommerce packaging is preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.