- Designs, develops, builds and tests systems and products based on optic, photonic and laser technologies.
- Interacts with device, hardware and software design teams to assist in overall development of optical systems; specifying, selecting and qualifying active and passive optical components, developing and benchmarking system performance models, developing and implementing test procedures and/or evaluating and selecting appropriate test instrumentation.
- Provides multi-discipline support to instrumentation production by resolving technical issues associated with components, parts, products or systems; testing of new and existing designs and documentation of changes through a formal engineering change notification process.
- Provide recommendations for cost reduction efforts when required. May apply quantitative analysis in determining root cause of highly technical problems and propose, develop and implement solutions for corrective action
- Provide technical leadership. Lead engineering efforts in product/technology transfers
- Provide technical support to ensure smooth introduction of new developed products to volume manufacturing ramp up, including training of manufacturing personnel with documented work instructions.
- PhD or Masters in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of engineering work experience in photonics devices or systems-related field
- Skilled in laser systems, optics, photonics components.
- Skilled in optics modeling software such as Zemax is a plus.
- Experienced in manufacturing methodologies and procedures is a plus
- Possess good interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Must be a good team player and possess excellent structured problem-solving skills