Exciting opportunity for a scientific professional with good experience in screening and optimization of cell lines and has interest in being part of a small and growing venture-backed biotech startup passionate in building a sustainable food future. You are likely to have an inquisitive, innovative, and independent researcher given the opportunity to do cutting-edge science and the autonomy to test new ideas and identify better ways to do things.
As a Research Associate in the media optimization team, you will work closely with technical and business leaders to overcome technical challenges to make this sustainable food future possible.
- Work on primary cell culture, establishing optimal conditions for culturing cells from new species
- Use a variety of molecular techniques to characterize cell performance in a variety of media conditions and optimizing the serum-free media for those cell lines.
- Work directly with senior technical leadership on cell culture and media development projects
- to achieve scientific milestones
- Execute and analyze high throughput screening assays (using statistical analysis and design of experiments, as appropriate)
- Produce and screen novel food-grade media formulations and serum alternatives
- Formulate optimal media for proliferation and differentiation of marine muscle cell lines
- Continually improve our high throughput media screening pipeline
- BS/MS in a relevant life science/engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with media screening and optimization
- Experience working in high-throughput, multi-well plate formats for molecular biology or cell engineering/growth studies
- Experience with marine animal (fish or invertebrate) cell culture is a significant advantage
- Proficiency in Design of Experiments (DoE) and/or statistical skills in data analysis
- Experience in immunofluorescent cell assays, imaging, and analysis
- Experience with the design, scale-up, and use of large-scale bioreactors
- Demonstrated ability to independently execute laboratory experiments and quickly learn new skills and techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and skills to prioritize and deliver against timelines
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong command of the English language