Exciting role for a sensory science professional with at least 5 years of sensory analysis experience to join an integral role providing sensory and consumer knowledge in close collaboration with Strategic BUs, Markets, and R&D as a team member on critical innovation and renovation projects. You will help the teams to understand and exceed consumers’ expectations, driving clear consumer preference vs the competition & ultimately consumer loyalty.
- Be an expert to provide sensory insights and proactively partner with Project Managers to support Innovation & Renovation projects to add value and influence project's success.
- Play an active part in cross functional project teams within R&D and provide guidance on choice and use of sensory evaluation methodologies.
- Strong analytical skill and the ability to interpret sensory data to create engaging reports that inspire action.
- Support the development and raise the bar of the sensory panel performance with close collaboration with the panel leader
- Be the consultant and guardian of all sensory methodologies and tools for global mixes category (e.g. sensory glossary list, sensory toolkit and references, IN/OUT specifications, etc.)
- Build the competency of the sensory standard across organisation by providing guidance and training to various group heads on the best-in-class sensory methodologies.
- Continually evolve internal process and methodologies for continuous improvement and application for sensory knowledge building across the consumer and sensory network in the organisation
- To seek improvement for consumer sensory insights best practices that will impact the business and promoting the use of sensory and consumer research in innovation and renovation process across the various functions in R&D and markets.
- Provide sensory insights to support front-end innovation activities for idea generation and concept building.
- Partner with consumer insight team to bridge sensory insights with consumers understanding to create powerful and compelling insights to support innovation and renovation initiatives.
- Degree or equivalent in Sensory Science, Consumer Science, Food Technology, Food Science or other related fields with at least 5 years of working experience in the field of sensory science
- Experience in a wide spectrum of sensory research methodologies and track record of gathering sensory insights to impact the business
- Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage various day to day activities, working to a timeline
- Experienced in leading and highly motivated to lead and manage sensory panels
- Ability to coach and guide technicians / panel leaders to reach excellence in execution and autonomy.
- Ability to translate complex sensory data into compelling reports and presentations to drive action across innovation and renovation project portfolio
- Strong statistical knowledge a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excel in a collaborative global team environment
- Strong and keen interest to bridge and increase collaboration between sensory and consumer.