Interesting opportunity for an experienced HRBP with prior work experience in Malaysia and possibly China, to actively lead integration of business strategy with people management practices, for a Singapore listed company with HQ in Penang, global high-tech solutions provider focusing on the Analytical, Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Semiconductor segments.
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is the link between HR and the business, advising and supporting managers on strategic issues and helping them implement high-performing, integrated HR practices. As part of Group Human Resource, the successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent for the Group as well as manage HR activities in 10 sites globally.
- Alignment of a particular Business initiatives.
- Formulation, communication and implementation of Group HR programs and initiatives that impact business division.
- Strong focus on Talent Management involving attracting and retaining high-quality employees, developing their skills, and continuously motivating them to improve their performance. The intent is to create a motivated workforce that will be retained in the long run.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance where appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in alignment with the Group HR to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, disciplinary issues, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development).
- Proactively work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manage and provides guidance to business division site HR leads for contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, career development, high potential programs and succession planning.
- Assist to identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs, where required.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline, in HR Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in HR is required for this position. You should either be familiar or have exposure to employment laws and business practices in Malaysia and China to excel in this role
- Regional or global experience in a HR role and work experience within the high-tech, precision manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Requires strong stakeholder management, project management and leadership skills.
- Has knowledge of diversity, inclusion and has cultural awareness.
- Good communications skill, including listening and consultative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and build effective working relationships is a must.
- Experienced in resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Excellent proactive problem solving and analytical skills are necessary.
- Being IT savvy with experience with a Human Resource Information System is also preferred.
- Good working knowledge of English, Mandarin written and spoken.
- An independent self-starter.
- Strong business acumen is required.
- A hands-on approach is a must for this role.
- Keeps updated with the latest developments and initiatives in the industry with respect to HR.
- Adopts a pro-active approach to analyzing situations for potential issues, resolving problems and to initiate where necessary escalation reports to Group HR and management on issues.