Exciting opportunity for a PVD Engineer with keen interest to gain experience in China (Chuzhou and Tianjin). Learn from the experts in China and transfer knowledge back to Malaysia and eventually grow a team in the division that focuses on precision technical and appearance plastic parts including the secondary process required (spray, printing, laser, PVD) offering complete assembly module. This is a technical role covering technical processes and managing projects including its objectives in meeting short- and long- term goals of the organization.
You will have to be based in Chuzhou with occasional travels to facility in Tianjin over a period of 5 years, ultimately moving back to be based in Malaysia.
- Responsible for understanding, utilizing and managing PVD processes starting from project kick-off to designing and maintenance of processes and equipment, including trouble shooting and daily operations of the whole processes.
- Oversee the activities of the PVD department in order to maximize quality and productivity, minimizing down time and support production operations.
- Global technical role managing several sites’ PVD department, supporting areas involving DFM, RFQ, internal & external audits, and communication with customers.
- Support production in various manufacturing/product development departments.
- Support and provide ideas/proposals of best practices to a dedicated team in manufacturing
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with organizational policies, and safety standards.
- Technical background, and or experienced in PVD or similar surface finishing facility or equivalent, preferably with automotive manufacturing and/or electronic industries background.
- Tertiary education in Mechanical engineering or equivalent with minimum 2+ years of academic or industrial experience in PVD coating / other vacuum operations
- Proactive, self-driven in taking initiatives, ability to work well independently with minimum supervision.
- Speak fluently, able to read and write in Chinese is a plus.
- Requires extensive traveling to all related entities from time to time, and as assigned