Exciting opportunity for a Scientific professional with at least 5 years expertise in the fields of in-process flavour generation and sensory perception to join one of the leaders in the FMCG industry. You will be developing new technologies for flavour generation through mastery of natural ingredients and processing methods and supporting the scale up and transfer of the developed technologies to the relevant product categories.
- Lead R&D project streams related to flavour and aroma generation and sensory perception.
- Collaborate and provide flavour science expertise to project managers and product developers to solve business related opportunities in Product and Technology Development projects.
- Design and execute experimental plans to study how ingredients, formulations, processes and packaging impact flavours, aroma, and their sensory perception.
- Transfer scientific findings into applications in Product and Technology Development projects.
- Engage with relevant departments such as quality, pilot plant, procurement, legal to accelerate innovation and commercialization of developed technologies
- Identify and engage relevant external partners to accelerate innovation
- Supervise students and student projects and provide mentoring/coaching to junior team members
- Monitor and leverage scientific developments in the area of flavour and aroma generation, and sensory perception for new innovative concepts, technologies, and processes.
- PhD in Food Science & Technology, Material Science, or related fields, with more than 5 years of industry experience, particularly in the area of flavour generation and sensory perception and its application to Product and Technology developments.
- Knowledge of flavour and aroma characterization techniques
- Prior exposure to product development and manufacturing activities, especially ready-to-drink, powdered beverages, ice cream and culinary products, is a plus.
- Good consumer/customer understanding
- Problem solving skills using root-cause analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills and a good sense of the business-technical interface