Exciting role to be part of a team in leading global transversal packaging technology within the business to meet the needs of business through innovation and technology.
- Lead Secondary Packaging technology
- Main global technical lead contact for End of Line secondary packaging equipment.
- Establish governance and strategy for the above technology.
- Support our sustainability and performance goals by identifying and developing fit for purpose packaging solutions and mastering the interaction of materials with machines.
- Develop affordable automation solutions that provide a good return on investment in the markets where we operate.
- Enhance the capabilities of manufacturing by developing a flexible and agile machine portfolio that matches the needs of various channels.
- Support reduction of total delivered cost through optimization of packaging and lean principles in packing processes for existing operations and performance by design for new installations.
- Develop related standards based on the needs of the business.
- Review and validate feedback to design and best practices across organisation
- Provide competence development through workshops, e-learnings, webinars, technical assistance to markets / factories.
- Be an active communicator on related technology development with the packaging community.
- Establish minimum criteria for factory to specify during CAPEX request.
- Review CAPEX submissions by the factories to advice feasibility.
- Build strong relationships with key business and platform partners in order to support priority initiatives.
- Manage and interact with key suppliers from a technical standpoint.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new and emerging trends in secondary / tertiary packaging technology. Identify areas of opportunity to implement these new technologies into packaging automation solutions.
- BSc, MSc or equivalent degree preferably in packaging or mechanical engineering with at least 6 years of experience in FMCG End of Line Packaging is required.
- Excels in a collaborative environment, independent and resourceful, and able to manage multiple tasks/assignments concurrently
- Passion for packaging equipment technology and has an R&D mentality.
- Fundamental knowledge of fiber based packaging materials and its interaction with machine automation.
- Ability to develop research ideas and to create original, differentiating technology and apply technical knowledge to meet business needs.
- Understands the packaging performance requirements of supply chain and associated testing methodologies.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to lead/manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Able to communicate technical information to all levels of organization.
- Strong technical competence in mechanical design preferred.
- Experience in managing eCommerce packaging is preferred.
- PMP certification and Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume to email@example.com for review