Exciting role to be part of a team in driving global transversal packaging technology within the business to meet the needs of business through innovation and technology.
- Lead secondary packaging development for multi-channel supply chain by establishing Performance Requirements for packaging; Design Tools and Methodologies; Packaging Testing and Qualification Operational standards for Man/Machine/Material interaction
- Lead initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of secondary and tertiary packaging through material technology, source reduction, package optimization and development of new solutions.
- Support reduction of total delivered cost through optimization of packaging and lean principles in packing processes for existing operations and performance by design for new installations.
- Provide competence development through workshops, e-learnings, webinars, technical assistance to markets / factories.
- Be an active communicator on related technology development with internal packaging community.
- Build strong relationships with key business and platform partners in order to support priority initiatives.
- Manage and interact with key suppliers from a technical standpoint.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new and emerging trends in secondary / tertiary packaging technology. Identify areas of opportunity to implement these new technologies into packaging solutions.
- BSc, MSc or equivalent preferably in packaging, material sciences or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in FMCG End Of Line Packaging Equipment environment
- Understands the packaging performance requirements of Supply chain and End Consumer experience preferred.
- Project management knowledge required.
- Able to problem-solve issues effectively and work well in cross functional global teams.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, with strong focus on achieving given goals, and be able to manage multiple tasks/assignments concurrently
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of organization
- Strong technical competence in mechanical design preferred
- Experience with modelling/simulation is a plus.
- Experience in managing E-Commerce packaging advantageous.
- Knowledge in Amazon FFP guidelines (ISTA – 6) preferred
- PMP certification and/or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org for review.