Exciting opportunity for a research professional in optics or related field who is interested in gaining industry experience in manufacturing operations and working closely with global R&D of a leading laser technology company
- Hands-on evaluation of DPSS laser systems as well as its constituent components.
- Resolve technical issues associated with laser components, assemblies, design as well as systems.
- Evaluate technology through lab tests and user tests in order to determine its suitability and effectiveness.
- Able to work with cross-function teams to achieve hardware and/or software engineering solutions, product & process cost-reductions as well as value engineering.
- Able to provide multi-disciplinary laser engineering support that ensure product quality, manufacturing process effectiveness and efficiency
- Able to lead new Diode-pumped Solid-State (DPSS) laser systems product initiatives, improvement & development projects. Ability to apply creative thinking, analysis and good judgement to propose innovative solutions.
- Provide timely updates and maintain effectively communications with different functional teams.
- PhD, Masters or bachelor’s degree in Optics or Photonics- related field, preferably in Laser Physics Engineering with relevant working experience in lasers and resonators.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of physics and laser techniques advantageous
- Working knowledge of Diode-pumped Solid-State (DPSS) laser systems advantageous
- Knowledge in material/processes used in laser manufacturing
- Possess good interpersonal, analytical and communication skills. Able to do structured problem-solving.
- Highly adaptable to a dynamic environment. Can multitask and work independently
- Able to exercise sound judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Good team player