Interesting opportunity for a Scientific professional with at least 5 years of industry and leadership experience particularly in area of food/flavour texture with track record in effective transfers to application, to join a global F&B organisation as a Group Leader, Flavour Structure Design. You will lead the flavour and texture science competencies in R&D centre on a strategic level, driving and strategy execution, contributing to development of team members, and ensure efficient communication across businesses to support R&D and developing activities.
- Lead the Flavour & Structure Design group, supervise and contribute to scientific activities.
- Track major scientific developments in texture and flavour perception science, initiate new ideas and feasibility studies and drive them into (business) briefed projects.
- Connect within R&D and respective units to identify challenges, to insource or co-develop solutions to apply sciences in multi-centers/multi-disciplinary projects when necessary
- Lead projects activities, with disciplines including flavour/food science.
- Drive development of team members by providing coaching/mentoring of scientists, research assistants and technicians in line with Group strategy.
- Lead Strategy, Resources & Portfolio, People Development and Interface.
- PhD in Food/Flavour Science/Technology with more than 5 years of professional experience, of which more than 3 years in managing R&D projects in an industrial context in field of flavor and texture science with track records of effective transfers to applications
- Demonstrated track records to establish and manage external collaborations with academic players or industry partners
- Track record of managing/developing small group of experts (5-10 people)
- Problem solving skills using root-cause analysis
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills and a good sense of the business-technical interface