Exciting role for a scientific professional with experience in development of microfluidics or molecular diagnostic assays to join the R&D team of a molecular diagnostics start-up. You will be a key contributor and participant in the design and development of an automated Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platform and assay.
- Design and develop an automated sample to result NGS assay
- Perform feasibility and proof of concept study to bring design concepts to prototyping
- Analyze results and propose innovative resolution to design challenges
- Perform design and development processes under ISO 13485 Quality requirements
- Draft test protocols and reports based on experimental design
- Work closely with industry partners during the development phase
- Assist in the set up of R&D facility in Singapore
- Candidate must possess relevant qualification in Molecular Biology, Life Science, Bioengineering or equivalent.
- Prior experience in development of microfluidics or molecular diagnostic assay is a plus
- Experience in molecular biology including primer design, nucleic acid purification and NGS library preparation techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting with team members
- Experience in ISO 13485 regulated environment desired
- Driven and committed to the successful of the development
- Prior experience in startups advantageous