Interesting opportunity for an experienced HRBP with prior work experience in Malaysia or Singapore and strong interest to be based in China, to actively lead integration of business strategy with people management practices, for a Singapore listed company with HQ in Penang, global high-tech solutions provider focusing on the Analytical, Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Semiconductor segments. They provide a global-integrated, outsourcing solutions, in partnership with their valued customers.
The client believes that the success of the company and the leadership role of them in the industry are critically dependent on its quality of leadership, technology know-how, operational competency and employee motivation.
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is the link between HR and the business, advising and supporting managers on strategic issues and helping them implement high-performing, integrated HR practices. As part of Group Human Resource, the successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent for the Group as well as manage HR activities in 10 sites globally.
- Alignment of a particular Business initiatives.
- Formulation, communication and implementation of Group HR programs and initiatives that impact the Client’s business division.
- Strong focus on Talent Management involving attracting and retaining high-quality employees, developing their skills, and continuously motivating them to improve their performance. The intent is to create a motivated workforce that will be retained in the long run.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance where appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in alignment with the Group HR to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, disciplinary issues, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development).
- Proactively work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manage and provides guidance to Client’s business division site HR leads for contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, career development, high potential programs and succession planning.
- Assist to identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs, where required.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline, in HR Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in HR is required for this position. You should be very familiar with employment laws and business practices ideally in China to excel in this role
- Regional or global experience in a HR role and work experience within the high-tech, precision manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Requires strong management and leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Has knowledge of diversity, inclusion and has cultural awareness.
- Good communications skill, including listening and consultative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and build effective working relationships is a must.
- Experienced in resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Excellent proactive problem solving and analytical skills are necessary.
- Being IT savvy with experience with a Human Resource Information System is also preferred.
- Good working knowledge of English, Mandarin written and spoken.
- An independent self-starter.
- Strong business acumen is required.
- A hands-on approach is a must for this role.
- Good working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational development/diagnosis, employee and union relations, performance management, and local China employment laws.
- Keeps updated with the latest developments and initiatives in the industry with respect to HR.
- Adopts a pro-active approach to analyzing situations for potential issues, resolving problems and to initiate where necessary escalation reports to Group HR and management on issues.
- Local Malaysians or Singaporeans to apply for relocation to China.
Keen on the role? Please apply online. You’ll be invited for a zoom discussion if you’re found relevant for the role, prior to presenting your resume to the Client.