Reporting into the Head of Business Intelligence & Data Innovation, you will join a growing Business Intelligence team in shaping and integrating extensive data analytics for the organization, helping to setup and establish a well governed, secure, scalable and highly performing Power BI foundation that can be leveraged across enterprise and advocate for best practices. As a Power BI Developer, you play a pivotal role in supporting the decision making of our key business and functional leaders through projecting data from the backend to the front and unpacking insights with creative use of data visualization. As an integral part in the deployment process, the role will collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development, configuration and delivery of product vision, strategy, systems and operational processes of the platform together its associated technologies.
Office location is based on Penang island, Malaysia.
- Advance knowledge and hands-on experience in PowerBI, with good knowledge in connect, import, shape and transform data.
- Experience in developing visualisation reports and dashboards using PowerBI, with strong track records in enabling user-driven customisations on visualisation of complex data.
- Advance knowledge and proficient in PowerBI DAX and related scripting tools.
- Ability to build Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline to check in and migrate Power BI data sets, dashboards, reports between workspaces.
- Good understanding of data warehousing and relational database concepts & technologies with good exposure to cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft Azure.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum of over 5 years of hands-on experience with PowerBI, including deploying, configuring and administrating.
- Strong experience in MS Power BI modelling, data storytelling and knowledge of how people make decisions with data.
- Strong experience in data visualization enablement, transformation and structuring of database, connections to external data and good familiarisation on platforms such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse.
- Strong experience in SSIS, DAX and SQL.
- Strong analytical, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate in globally dispersed organization.
- Strong project and time management skills with an ability to set and maintain multiple, competing priorities.
- Adaptable, flexible and thrive in a changing, dynamic environment
- Driven mindset on continuous process improvement on efficiency and performance.
- Curiosity to investigate and validate sources of data and ability to match data to its related function.
- Only local Malaysians are applicable.
Keen on the role? Please apply online. If your experience is relevant for the role, you’ll be invited for a zoom discussion prior to presenting your resume to the client.