Reporting into the HRBP, Asia, and as part of the corporate Group Human Resource team, this is a key role to champion the organization’s drive towards a high-performance and learning organization, through leading people development practices. You will be responsible to build and implement the organization’s talent and leadership development strategy in alignment with the Group Human Resource strategy, and work in partnership with business leaders and HR Business Partners / site HR to deliver seamless delivery and support to the global organization for all talent, learning & development, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Full accountability for the group’s overall L&D strategy for leaders and employees.
- In alignment with the group’s ESG (Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance) commitments, support the development of a learning organization, a culture of excellence, a positive workplace experience and most importantly, help employees learn and grow.
- Provide learning solutions that also supports the emotional wellbeing of employees.
- Evangelize and lead a culture of lifelong learning, shaping the employees’ experience, and enriching the company’s culture by driving effective learning and development with a robust cadence.
- Support and drive a global learning organization through the design and implementation of an effective e-learning curriculum for the company. The training and professional development curriculum will be implemented in stages on the proposed e-learning platform. Key to this initiative is to enable the assessment, measurement of training effectiveness and the maintenance of employee training records.
- Identify widely practiced innovative and experiential learning models through engagement with L&D-related third-party resources, vendors, and partners, to recommend new tools/programs to enhance human capital capabilities across the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, L&D-related qualifications / certification with at least 5 years’ experience spearheading L&D initiatives.
- Proven success at the helm of the L&D function.
- Knowledge and experience in creating quality learning content and experiences e.g., virtual learning expertise, creating e-learning assets, conducting internal trainings, learnings to inspirational talks etc.
- Working knowledge of L&D best practices, tools, methodologies and more.
- Experience leveraging digital tools to drive measurable benefits.
- Knowledge of key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to the L&D function.
- Demonstrate ability to work with teams, collaborate across all levels and settings of the organization, as well as build effective partnering working relationships.
- Possess the drive and passion to share, educate and inspire others.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent proactive problem solving, analytical skills are necessary.
- Good working knowledge of English, written and spoken. Ability to read and write in Mandarin is added advantage
- Possess strong work ethics, learning skills and is passionate about helping employees learn & grow.
- An independent self-starter and a hands-on approach are a must for this role.
- Keep updated of L&D trends, hot topics, and advances to keep the Company’s L&D agenda aligned with market developments.
- An L&D subject matter expert offering hands-on coaching, guidance, and advice to leaders.
- Independent, able to offer recommendations and support to other teams/departments in the business, under the guidance of Corporate HR.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments and trends in the L&D sphere.
- Adopts a pro-active approach to analyzing situations for potential issues, resolving problems and to initiate where necessary escalation reports to Group HR and to management.