This is a key role supporting the import/export compliance and operational activities for the local manufacturing plant and other affiliates in Asia Pacific countries to ensure adherence with laws and help improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all import/export transactions are in compliance with Customs Law
- Work directly with the various sites’ customs brokers and shipping origin to resolve day-to-day issues that result in border delays.
- Provide guidance to local business on matters concerning import & export requirements.
- Provide training and knowledge sharing to improve business knowledge and operational performance and ensure compliance with importing/exporting regulations.
- Support efforts on applications for special trade programs, supply chain security programs, and customs schemes.
- Focal point to local affiliates on assigning local country tariff classifications, export control classification numbers, customs valuation and country of origin determination.
- Participate in special projects that focus on driving efficiencies and/or cost savings for the company.
- Conduct periodic post entry audit of sampled transactions for local businesses to verify the accuracy of trade compliance elements lodged with the local customs authorities and identify any compliance risks.
- Support and execute the enhancement of the customs broker management program across the countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- Assist in developing and driving solutions/strategies to issues faced by the businesses and the necessary controls around any change.
- Manages the capturing and analyzing of metrics from customs agents/brokers and in turn to site management and Trade Compliance leadership.
- Monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes and alert the appropriate parties internally on the impact to the business.
- Degree in a related field (e.g., international trade, supply chain, logistics, legal).
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a broker’s agency, multinational company or consulting firm.
- Broad functional knowledge of import and export regulation in the Asia Pacific region, particularly Singapore.
- Proactive, well organized and possessed analytical skills
- Technical knowledge related to tariff classification, valuation and Customs law.
- Strong communication skills along with demonstrated teamwork attitude.
- Experience with global trade software platforms