Responsible for the overall operations excellence in an assigned manufacturing organization. A people manager who establishes functional business plans and technical project objectives to meet the short- and long- term goals of the organization.
- Develops strategies, drive FPS LEAN Culture, and specific programs in order to achieve business objectives.
- Support and/or production departments in various manufacturing or product development support departments.
- Support and provide ideas/proposal of best practices to a dedicated team of key manufacturing personnel.
- Cultivates a culture of continuous improvement through analyzing production/ manufacturing methods and processes.
- Improves product/ process quality, performance, production and profitability.
- To drive OEE, Kaizen and topics related to FPS initiatives (according but not limited to FPS GB training materials provided)
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE
- Support and monitoring of all day to day operations with strong focus on quality and cost.
- Supervise, guide, coach and develop a management/FPS team mainly including Manufacturing, Quality Control & Engineering, Also promoting concept, training and improvement initiatives to other related department such as Human Resources, Production Control, IT, Finance, Purchasing & etc.
- Supporting GM or management team to Measure and drive continuous improvement.
- Constantly find ways to increase productivity by better work methods and process automation.
- Product and process quality.
- Weekly report on the facility’s improvement initiatives and results.
- Overseeing the activities of the entity and alignment with Organisation’s corporate culture, processes and adherence to Organisation’s standards of business conduct.
- 5+ years experience in LEAN &/or Six Sigma in manufacturing environment, exposure in automobile/plastic injection molding plant is a plus
- Hands-on knowledge of TS/IATF requirements
- Minimum Diploma in mechanical engineering or equivalent, certification in Lean/Six Sigma is required.
- Knowledge of the practical application of Lean & Six Sigma tools with cost saving achievement. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, training, coaching & guiding and equipment applications to the production/operations of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- The position requires frequent travel in both local and overseas.
- Candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese to be able to work with counterparts in China.