Exciting opportunity for a scientific professional with at least 5 years of industry experience particularly in food texture, food rheology, colloid/emulsion science, to help build knowledge of a global food & beverage manufacturing company’s products and process technologies in partnership with their product & technology teams, from inception to industrialization by applying expertise in food texture and sensory perception, related to colloid/emulsion science.
- Lead streams of R&D projects related to food texture development.
- Collaborate and provide colloid/emulsion science and technology expertise to project managers and product developers in Product and Technology Development projects.
- Design and report experimental plans to build in-depth understanding of food structuration and how ingredients, product recipes and processes impact food texture and perception, as well as the application of new process technologies.
- Supervise students and student projects when relevant.
- Monitor scientific developments in food structure design for new innovative concepts, technologies, and processes.
- PhD in Food Science & Technology, (Food) Material Science, or related fields, with 5 years of industry experience, particularly in the area of food texture, food rheology, colloid/emulsion science and its application to Product and Technology developments.
- Scientific knowledge in food colloid/emulsion science and its practical applications.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art equipment and techniques for texture analysis and/or analysis of food constituents is an advantage.
- Prior exposure to product development and manufacturing activities, especially Ready to Drink and Dairy products, is a plus.
- Good consumer/customer understanding with good problem-solving skills using root-cause analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including presentations) in English
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills and a good sense of the business-technical interface