(Due to sensitivity issue, our client has instructed full confidentiality until the candidate has been shortlisted on resume. You will have the right to decide if you still want to proceed with interview upon being shortlisted by Client)
Location: Penang, Georgetown
Reporting into the Group CEO, you will have overall responsibility of the treasury and cash flow management, risk management evaluation, corporate finance, audit and tax compliance, systems, operational and financial reporting of the Group with different business entities across different geographies.
- Ensure integrity of all financial information including statutory and legal reporting as well as establishing key performance management measures to have greater visibility of the businesses at Group level.
- Business partnering in formulating the company's future strategic direction as well as guiding tactical initiatives.
- Monitoring and directing the implementation of overall strategic group business plans.
- Developing financial and tax strategies, strengthening the organization’s financial performance management including active review on budget management, cash flow, accruals, cost management and optimization, asset ROIC and risk management.
- Supervising M&A, due diligence and negotiations whenever appropriate.
- Providing forecasting and insights at group level
- Establish and evaluate existing profit plans.
- Review existing financial practices, policies, compliance and implement entity-wide initiatives as required, and oversee financial and management reporting, treasury, taxation and internal controls.
- Develop strategic insights based on market assessments grounded in financial analytics and research. Translate these insights into well formulated opinions to help the group leadership plan and make decisions.
- Qualified degree with at least 20 years of relevant experience of which more than 10 years in a head of finance capacity
- Prior experience working with a public-listed company, familiar with statutory or related reporting to respective authorities and board
- Proven experience in M&A activity
- Proven leadership and people management experience
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and build effective working relationships.
- Intuitive sense for good commercial business decisions - seen as a business person foremost
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with ability to communicate in English and Mandarin
- Strong strategic planning skills - the ability to put financial and risk decisions into the context of the short, medium and long-term business needs
- Credibility and gravitas to gain the respect and trust of stakeholders. Able to influence at the highest levels within the organisation and operate effectively with investors and any other outsourced stakeholders
- Strategic thinking yet hands-on with ability to appreciate complexity of the role